Once you become immersed in the world of physical asana, it’s easy to become curious about the philosophies, histories and stories of yoga.
Have a question about something in your yoga practice? There’s a book for that! Yogis of all levels love books on yoga.
We’ve made a quick list that includes classics, trendsetters and everything in between.
Vegan brownie points for buying them from an independent bookseller!
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Patanjali
- Light on Life, B.K.S Iyengar
- Perfectly Imperfect, Baron Baptiste
- The Heart of Yoga, T.K.V. Desikachar
- Autobiography of a Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda
- Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving-Kindness, Pema Chodron
- Bhaghavad Gita: The Song of God
- Living Your Yoga: Find The Spiritual In Everyday Life, Judith Hanson Lasater
- Yoga & Ayurveda, David Frawley
- The Master’s Touch, Yogi Bhajan
- 2,100 Asanas: The Complete Yoga Poses, Daniel Lacerda
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga, Deepak Chopra
- Inner Engineering: A Yogi’s Guide To Joy, Sadhguru
- Invincible Living, Guru Jagat
What are some of your favorite yoga books? Let us know in the comments below!